Friday, February 8, 2013

Release Negative Patterns by Using Positive Affirmations!


To conclude the discussion on releasing negative behavior patterns, I want to take time today to talk about positive affirmations.

So, what do I mean by positive affirmations?  

Positive affirmations are statements that claim certain things as if we already have them in abundance.  


They help create the reality you want to experience.  Meaning, if you tell yourself daily that you are something, then eventually, you will be it.

Affirmations have quickly become something that I live by.  I have several that I say throughout the day when I feel negativity rising. 

The birthplace of affirmations is positive thinking.  Those of you who know me well know my strong, sometimes-annoying belief in the power of positivity.  

Positive thoughts lead to positive outcomes, negative thoughts lead to negative outcomes. 


Personal Affirmations put positive thoughts into action, which leads to positive feelings which are the most important and powerful part.  When you say your affirmations, you must also consciously feel the emotions that go along with each affirmation.  For example, when I say my baby-making affirmation I am balanced, I am healthy, I am fertile and I’m so thankful for the ability to create life and conceive I literally picture myself in that moment when I find out I’m pregnant.  I feel the excitement and happiness take over.  I visualize seeing a positive test.  Sometimes I even visualize being pregnant, giving birth, feeding a baby, etc. 

The feelings that these affirmations make us feel are what fuel the creation machine.


Creating personal affirmations for yourself is quick and easy, and (if practiced) will bring miraculous things into your life. 

For example, I’ve been trying to let go of my OCD tendencies toward my appearance, especially my hair.  I went from being crazy anal-retentive and never having a hair out of place to not getting my hair cut for over a year, letting it do it’s own crazy thing without trying to control it, only washing it about once every week and half or so, and just totally not giving a crap anymore.  And the affirmation I’d tell myself through all this? 

I am effortlessly beautiful.

Now I go bare-skinned when in the past I couldn’t even fathom leaving the house without at least concealer on.  I just twist and pin and scrunch as far as my hair goes, and showering is the last thing on my to-do list.

And I get non-stop compliments on my hair.  (It’s quite ridiculous actually.  Just ask my husband, Dustin.  It’s become a bit of a joke between us at this point.) And I actually feel prettier.  I became and believed myself to be effortlessly beautiful.

Affirmations manifest things into your life, like difference experiences or changes that you want to take place.  When starting to job search back in December after deciding to leave The Regeneration Station, I came up with an affirmation to draw my perfect new job to me:

I’m so thankful for my new job.  I’m thankful that it’s better pay, less hours, less stress, and more fulfilling.

Then I would just picture myself happy, successful, and fulfilled.

Granted, I’m living off student loans right now, but I would say this “job” of full time blogger and student is pretty much what I asked for, other than the pay part, of course.

Affirmations help us focus our consciousness on the things that we want more of in our life as opposed to the things we want less of.  


Which is what happens when we focus our consciousness on things like stress, worry, anxiety, and doubt.  Our thoughts are energy, so when they form negative energy, find an affirmation you can say to yourself to convert that negative into the positive.

In the last post, I mentioned the idea of doing meditation for 30-days.  After doing something for 30 consecutive days, it becomes a habit that is more likely to stick.  Affirmations are a GREAT 30-day project.  Take a minute to think of a few things you’d like to manifest into your life.  What do you want?  More love?  More joy?  More peace?  More money?  More friends?  Maybe there’s something specific you want to happen like help with a move, a new job, or many a new baby?  Create an affirmation for it!

When writing affirmations, keep them positive and in the present tense.  Here are some real examples of affirmations I’ve used or are currently using:

I am a carrier of the light.  All that I think, say, and do expresses divinity. 

Nothing can keep my good from me, so I bless all situations in life as good. 

All of my needs are met and exceeded so I may share with those who need it. 

I am a strong, intelligent, successful woman. 

I am creating the life I desire by focusing my thoughts on what I want to happen. 

I release all fear and negativity.  I allow love to take their place and I graciously accept all the blessings that follow.


Come up with a few affirmations of your own, and share them in the comments section if you’d like!  Commit to saying them a few times every day and pay attention to what happens! 

Love and Light!
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment