Friday, June 22, 2012

Good People of the World Unite!


I’m starting this blog because I feel like I’ve come to that point in life where I’ve realized I’m the grown-up.  I’m the adult.  I’m the one who’s supposed to be reading the news, keeping up to date on things.  I’m the one who is supposed to be lobbying policies to Congress and serving my community.  My generation is the one who is quickly gaining control in society.  Before long, it will be my generation filling state representative meetings and leading workshops.  (And, I know I’m a little biased, but I think our generation of people freaking rock.  I mean, seriously, look how awesome we all are!!   I look across my Facebook friends and realize: Wow...I know some really kick ass people!)  I believe that it is our generation that's going to turn this society around.  We’re going to make up for our forefather’s mistakes and turn America into the country we want it to be.  We're going to live healthy, informed, considerate (and hopefully peaceful) lives.

In case you haven’t noticed, this is kind of an important time in the evolution of the human race.  There’s a lot of stuff going on in practically every area of life, and we need to start critically examining it all if we want to make our society better and not worse.  And this goes for far more than only what I will discuss on this blog.  (I don’t intend to dive too deeply into politics or economics, though I’m sure I’ll dabble here and there.) 

A lot of what I post on this blog will have a spiritual tone because spirituality is an integral part of my being.  I’m still trying to figure it all out after having a drastic worldview shift.  However, I hope you’ll find this blog entertaining, relevant, and informative.  And I hope to give an honest voice to the rest of you out there who, like me, just want to do good things in the world.

There are a lot of good people out there.  I've been fortunate enough to share experiences with some really great people.  (Many of whom are probably reading this blog right now.)  Those good people give me faith in humanity and reassure me that we can do this!  We can survive and thrive despite all the challenges we face in our society. 

I’d love for this to be an active space, so please feel free to comment and give your take on things!  We all have important ideas to share.  I want to start a conversation and get people thinking about things – important things!  Don’t spend all your time on the internet watching Ebaum’s World like this guy.  Take a break during the ten minutes of creepiness seen here and read and talk about things that are important.  Then you can go back to Ebaum’s. 

My goal is to start a conversation that turns into action and makes this society all that we believe it can be.

Good people of the world unite!

No comments:

Post a Comment